Sunday, February 7, 2010

Biddu music

I was in 1st standard when I first listened to the famous composition by Biddu for the film Qurbani (Aap jaisa koi mere zindgi me aaye..!) It made me freeze and I was longing to listen more of that! Music or art, since they touch our senses their fanfare go beyond cultures or nationality..or age!
His compositions have been my favourits, be it disco diwane, made in India or boom.! Biddu's journey into success of being a composer is as fascinating as his retro disco numbers.
I often hit the youtube to get the glimpse of my favourit numbers (more often I feel its piracy..!) and without fail the ever green ones..!
I just didn't stop at those Nazia Hassan melodies composed by Biddu, I happened to watch his interview in local news channel TV9. His candid, spontaneous and open answers to the interviewer's questions were as interesting as his music. It felt no superficial while he expressed his fondess for being Indian ... surprisingly for a legend who left the country in search of realising his dreams at early age!!! His straight talks about money, bollywood, carefully not being 'inspired' by other composers' music, being unfazed by madness created by his music, being dead by few years down the line.. just made me wonder if ..only we call carefully chosen words that are exchanged, are called interviews or this kind of real ones..!? Only a multi-talented artist like Biddu ..dare express the real self..!
Re-inventing one self is what we can learn from his life..! A Columbus for his own dreams.. left the country to chase his dreams..achieved fame as international music composer.. created ever-lasting music numbers...starts afresh as a writer of a novel..!
I look forward to read his autobiography..Made in India..! sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment